Single spey? Double spey? Skagit? Or, a dynamic Snap T? Whatever your casting preference the Mystic M-Spey is the spey rod of choice.
Spey rod fishing began with salmon fly rods in Scotland but it’s a great technique for battling trout and steelhead too. Cast after cast, hour after hour, and then comes the tug. Do you have the rod to handle it? This is when you can rely on the performance of Mystic spey casting rods in the M-Spey series.
Although spey casting can be done with a single handed rod, control of the dynamic roll cast when you are changing direction to loop the fly line across the water is better accomplished with double handed spey rods. The Mystic team designed rods to meet the challenges of river spey fishing. The latest technology, premium materials, superb craftsmanship and thorough field testing proved the worth of the M-Spey series of rods.
Spey Rod Features
The Mystic spey rods showcase quality materials and well-designed components with the details unique for spey fishing. Whether they are being used as salmon fishing rods in Alaska, for steelhead on the rivers in Michigan or for trout in Colorado, the M-Spey rods feature:
- Perfectly balanced blank constructed from a high modulus carbon fiber
- Upper and lower grip constructed of premium grade Portuguese cork in natural rings
- 7-weight line on 12’3” rod or 8-weight line on 13’3” rod
- Medium to fast action
- Titanium reel seat with an extended barrel and down locking rings
- Titanium stripping guides
- Lightweight stainless steel snake guides
- Alignment dots
Whether you are just being introduced to spey fishing or are a seasoned angler, you will appreciate the benefits of the Mystic M-Spey rods:
- Exceptional, reliable lifting power to reach those difficult spots
- Sufficient cushion to absorb the shock of a large charging trout or salmon
- Covers a great expanse of water, at any depth, both upstream and downstream
- Makes for easy fishing in places with overhangs or brushy banks
- Smooth line flow through stripping and snake guides
- Length of rod is more effective for mending the line and controlling the fly on the swing in currents
- Safer for the angler in a strong wind as the fly can be positioned in front and on the downwind side
- Able to use vintage reels in the unique down locking reel seat with extended body
- Able to accommodate personal preference for line weight and size of flies on the one rod
Check out the specs below for considering a spey rod in place of, or in addition to your usual trout or salmon fly rods. A Mystic M-Spey series rod is an investment in your passion for excellence in fishing!
All rods come with a Lifetime Warranty
M-SERIES SPEY RODS SPECIFICATIONS
|NO. OF PIECES||LINE||LENGTH||ACTION||PRICE|
|M-7123-4||4 PIECE||7||12′ 3″||Medium/Fast||$599.00|
|M-8133-4||4 PIECE||8||13′ 3″||